- Wide Vin Range: 3.7V to 12V
- Wiring without breadboard
- Build in L298P motor driver
- Direct connect to output without external components
- Easy to code IoT
- Code with Arduino IDE
- Uses Blynk App for IoT
*The Durian UNO has been upgraded to version 2, offering even greater power and performance. You may have a look here.
Durian is the most popular fruit in Malaysia. Although it is full of thorn-covered rind, its content I am sure will amaze you. So, same with Durian Uno, it is covered with thorns and the function will also surprise you.
- Durian UNO's wide range of input power supply (DC 3.7V to 12V) makes it easy to attach different types of batteries such as AAx4, single 18650 Li-ion battery, and so on. While Arduino UNO will be unstable if the input power supply is less than DC 7V.
- We have increased the VCC and GND pin on Durian Uno which is user-friendly to connect the module without breadboard while Arduino UNO does. Besides, Durian UNO makes servo motor plug and play directly. The DC current for 5V (VCC) up to 1A which able to drive 6 pieces of SG90 micro servo motor simultaneously and a MG995 servo motor without causing stability problem.
3.Based on our experience, above 80% of projects involve output such as DC water pump, DC motor, DC stepper motor, and else. Therefore, we had a built-in L298P motor driver on Durian Uno to make it easy to attach the DC motor, and water pump without experiencing messy wiring.
Besides, Durian Uno is able to run the 4 loads with 2 different voltages (by controlling the PWM in ENA and ENB) without adding extra components.
4.Durian Uno had built in the melody buzzer.
5.Durian Uno also provides the slot for Wi-Fi module, ESP8266, and Bluetooth module, HC-06.
6.Durian Uno had built in the ultra-sonic sensor connector and I2C connector to let users more convenience in connecting the ultrasonic sensor to the Durian Uno.
7. Durian Uno uses Type-C USB interface, Type-C cable is common and easy to get. It can more convenient to connect Durian Uno with the computer.
The layout of the Durian Uno Board:
Durian Uno IoT Benefits
ESP8266 Wi-Fi Module & Durian Uno
- Durian Uno + ESP8266 Wi-Fi module (with Durian Blynk Firmware) is a dual-core processor that can work simultaneously in the same circuit. Both devices are working standalone.
- Durian Uno as a control unit to control input/output pins.
- with build in Durian Blynk Firmware, ESP8266 Wi-Fi module works as receive and transmit data to Blynk.
To maintain the internet connection, Blynk runs some code in the background. Some of the code such as while loop function, delay function and else may interrupt the background process subsequently cause error. Durian Uno + ESP8266 Wi-Fi module (with Durian Blynk Firmware) overcome this problem as the Durian UNO and ESP8266 Wi-Fi module work independently. The code will upload into Durian UNO and it won't effect the process inside ESP8266 Wi-Fi module (with Durian Blynk Firmware). Therefore, the IOT project runs smoothly with Durian UNO + ESP8266 Wi-Fi module (with Durian Blynk Firmware).
- With the library of Durian Blynk ESP8266, Durian Uno works prefer with ESP8266 Wi-Fi module in IOT.
- With help of Durian Blynk ESP8266 Library, the code is easy to understand, and code troubleshooting becomes easy.
Problem IoT Project when using ESP series controller and Solution with Durian UNO
Most of the sensors and modules use 5V as operating voltage, when using the ESP32/ESP8266 as the main controller, the extra logic converter is needed since the ESP32 / ESP8266 are using 3.3 V as operating voltage. For example, MQ series gas sensor is connected with ESP series controller and the gas sensor's operating voltage is 5V. It will effect the accuracy of reading data. There's another example, l298 motor driver with ESP series controller. The 3.3V operating voltage as a PWM signal makes the motor driver unable to maxima the output as the 5V PWM is the signal to drive maximum output.
Durian UNO's 5V operating voltage make it compatible with most of the sensors and modules.
Most of the libraries are not yet completely compatible with the ESP series controller. Besides, the debugging of the library's issue is taking time. Therefore, those beginners who get started with IoT projects will get into trouble and perhaps will lose confidence in their project.
Durian Uno is compatible with the majority of sensor libraries and with the help of Durian Blynk ESP8266 library makes it easy to use and user-friendly. Durian UNO definitely builds the beginner's confidence and generates more interest in IoT projects. The great engineer will be born soon!
The while loop, delay function for the ESP series controller may cause error when using it for IOT project.
Durian UNO and ESP8266 Wi-Fi module work independently. The while loop, delay function free to use without causing error in IOT project.
Comparison between Arduino UNO and Durian UNO
|Features||Arduino Uno R3||Durian Uno|
Digital I/O Pins
|Arduino IDE||Arduino IDE|
|Input Voltage||DC 7V to 12V||DC 3.7V to 12V|
|DC 5V||DC 5V|
Digital I/O Pins
|6 (10-bit)||6 (10-bit)|
|32 KB||32 KB|
|2 KB||2 KB|
|1 KB||1 KB|
|16 Mhz||16 Mhz|
DC Current per I/O Pin
|20 mA||20 mA|
|DC Adapter or USB||USB, DC Adapter, Powerbank|
DC Current for 5V
|1 A||1 A|
DC Current for 3.3V
|50 mA||500 mA|
USB to Serial Chip
|1 X at Pin 13||5 X at digital Pin 4,5,7,8, 13|
Programmable Push Button
|No||1 X at digital Pin 11|
|No||1 X at digital Pin 6|
|No||6 X at digital Pin 4,5,7,8, 9, 10|
Yes, we spent ONE year time to develop this Durian UNO. A lot of time and effort is putting in to make this, and finally it is launched officially.
- Durian UNO ESP8266 IOT Starter Kit User Manual
- DURIAN UNO ESP8266 IOT KIT PEMULA MANUAL PENGGUNA
- Durian UNO ESP8266 IOT Starter Kit Module Code
- CH340 Driver
- Windows (V3.5)
- Mac OS (V1.5)
- Linux (V1.5) - (Normally is readily installed)
- CH34X Driver - Get the latest driver from the factory
1.SMART CONTACTLESS DUSTBIN WITH LCD USING DURIAN UNO (ENHANCEMENT OF ARDUINO UNO)
- Durian UNO - Enhancement of Arduino UNO for IOT project education
- TCRT5000 IR Sensor Line Following Module
- 5v HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Ranging Module
- SG90 Micro Servo Motor 9g ( 180 degree )
- Arduino I2C Serial LCD 16x2 (Blue backlight)
- 2020 XH2.54 DOUBLE HEADER RED WHITE CABLE 4P (20CM) (2pcs)
- Arduino Jumper Female-Female, 20cm (10pcs)
2.IOT CAR WITH BLYNK DURIAN UNO (ENHANCEMENT OF ARDUINO UNO)
- Durian UNO ESP8266 Wifi Module (Built in Durian Blynk Firmware),Type C cable
- 2wd car chasis and accessories (Motor with 15CM wire)
- 4 x AA Battery Holder with on/off switch and connector
- 4 x GP Battery
3.ARDUINO IOT SMART PATIENT MONITORING SYSTEM WITH BLYNK DURIAN UNO (ENHANCEMENT OF ARDUINO UNO)
- Durian UNO,ESP8266 Wifi Module (Built in Durian Blynk Firmware),Type C cable
- LM35 Analog Temperature Sensor Module
- Arduino I2C Serial LCD 16X2
- 2020 XH2.54 Double Header Red White Cable 4P 15cm
- MAX30100 Heart Rate & Pulse Oximetry Sensor Module
4. IOT SMART HOME WITH ALARM SYSTEM DURIAN UNO (ENHANCEMENT OF ARDUINO UNO)
- Durian UNO, ESP8266 Wifi Module (Built in Durian Blynk Firmware), Micro cable type C
- PIR Motion Sensor Module
- 5V LED
- 130 Clover Motor Fan (80mm)
- 1.5-6V R300C Mini DC Motor RPM3500
- Arduino Breadboard Dupont Jumper Wire 10P; 10 CM Female to Female
- Durian UNO main board or
- Durian UNO main board + Type-C Cable or
- Durian UNO board + ESP8266 module (Durian Blynk Firmware) or
- Durian UNO board + ESP8266 module (Durian Blynk Firmware) + Type-C Cable