This board controls a servo motor by using the buttons or the potentiometer. By using buttons, the servo motor will moves to either 0 degree or 180 degrees. The potentiometer able to control the servo motor’s position by turning the potentiometer. The 555 IC is configured in astable mode to generate the PWM for the servo motor to work.
A servo motor is controlled by sending a series of pulses to it which is the pulse width modulation. Depending on the length of the pulse it will turns to a specific angle. A pulse must be sent to the servo every 20 milliseconds. The pulse length will vary from 1ms to 2ms. A 1ms pulse will turn the servo to 0 degrees and 180 degrees for 2ms.
- Uses 555 timer IC.
- The kit will control your RC servo motor up to 180 degrees.
- Able to control one (1) RC servo motor at a time.
- Non-programmable kit.
- Two modes of control: Potentialmeter mode or button mode.
- The buttons can be extended using the terminal block.
- Recommended input voltage: 5V to 6V DC.
- Self assembly.
- Size: 44 mm x 50 mm
MB-06 RC Servo Motor Controller and Tester Overview