This low cost yet powerful GPS receiver is based on the famous and high end u-Blox Neo-6M GPS module. It comes with small battery for hot-start, and there is built-in EEPROM too. To offer better signal reception, there is external ceramic antenna that connect to the board via U.FL connector, solid!
The best? It can operate from 3.3V to 5V system, so all those 5V Arduino board ( Maker uno, arduino uno , Mega, Leonardo and many more) and 3.3V controller that include Arduino and Raspberry Pi, work perfectly with this GPS module. Though it is 5V compatible, you will need a proper level shifter to interface with the serial (UART) line, please use proper level shifter to do it. And do take note, it is not is Arduino shield or Raspberry Pi HAT form factor, you will need to do some manual wiring to interface with the controller board :) But that will be fun!
- Based on u-blox NEO-6M GPS module with on-board backup battery and built-in EEPROM.
- Comes with external U.FL ceramic antenna for better reception.
- It is compatible with various flight controller boards designed to work with a GPS module, APM2.0 and APM2.5 just to name a few.
- This module have built-in voltage regulator and it is sometime referred as GY-GPS6MV2.
- Operating voltage: 3.3V to 5VDC.
- Communication interface: UART TTL, 9600bps.
- LED signal indicator.
- Pin-out for power and interface
- VCC: 3.3 to 5VDC
- RX: Data receive in (input to GPS module)
- TX: Data transmit out (Out from GPS module)
- GND: Ground (Logic and power ground)
- Dimension: 36 x 26 mm.
- Weight: 22g.
- NEO6MV2 GPS module
- Ceramic antenna terminated with U.FL connector