Adding wired or wireless remote control to Arduino main boards become easy with Cytron PS2 Shield together with Arduino Library provided. Cytron PS2 Shield (SHIELD-PS2) is an Arduino compatible shield which is compatible with Arduino UNO, Arduino Duemilanove, Arduino Mega, Arduino Leonardo and possibly other pin compatible main boards. Cytron PS2 Shield offers a compact yet reliable PS2 Controller Converter for user. Cytron PS2 Shield is powered from Arduino main board. with Cytron PS2 Shield Reading Joy-stick and button’s state of PS2 controller will be as easy as reading UART data. It offers a standard connector for SONY PS2 controller to plug-in, either wired or wireless.
Shield-PS2 has stackable side headers which allows for more Arduino shields to be stacked on top of it. Besides, user has option to use either hardware or software UART with Arduino’s main board to communication to get the PS2 controller status. Shield-PS2 reset is connect to arduino’s analog pin 1 (A1). User can pull down this analog pin to reset the shield.
Cytron Shield-PS2 does not come with PS2 controller (joystick), please purchase separately from Cytron, the link is provided at the bottom.
- 5V powered, low current consumption.
- Simple to use UART protocol
- Vibrator motor on PS2 is controllable.
- Wired and Wireless PS2 controller is supported.
- PS2 Controller will automatically operate in analog mode.
- A status LED
- Jumper selector to select different UART Baud Rate (9600, 57600, 115200).
- Jumper selectors to select different digital pin as UART TX and RX pin.