This is revision 2.0 of USB Host Shield. Thanks to new interface layout it is now compatible with more Arduinos - not only UNO and Duemilanove, but also big Mega and Mega 2560 work with Standard variant of this shield out of the box. No more SPI re-wiring and code modifications, plug and play! This is great shield if you want to interface with Android phone or tablets too.
This shield will work with standard (dual 5/3.3V) and 3.3V-only (for example, Arduino Pro) boards.
Arduino clones with standard connector layout, including ICSP connector, should work.
The following device classes are currently supported by the shield:
- HID devices, such as keyboards, mice, joysticks, etc.
- USB to serial converters - FTDI, PL-2303, ACM, as well as certain cell phones and GPS receivers
- ADK-capable Android phones and tablets
- Digital cameras - Canon EOS, Powershot, Nikon DSLRs and P&S, as well as generic PTP
- Support for more devices is currently in development.